The current releases of FocusTune:
Mac: V4.0 build 22 (V4.0.22)
Win: V4.0 build 22 (V4.0.22)
If you own a version 4 License to FocusTune, you may upgrade to the latest release at any time at no charge. If you own Focustune License prior to Version 4, please click here for upgrade information.
- Requires V4 License Activation Key
- The first time FocusTune V4 is run it will ask for you to enter the License Key, your name and email address
- You must be connected to the web at that time, as we will connect you to our server to activate your FocusTune License
- You will not be asked for your key or need to be connected to the web in the future for that copy of FocusTune
- You will be able to activate FocusTune on 2 machines that you own, either Win or Mac, or 1 of each
Click here for camera support in this version of Focustune
Download for Windows 7/8/10
Click here to download FocusTune V4 for Windows (v4.0.22)
- You must run as Admin to run FocusTune
- Turn off all anti-virus/malware/firewall software during activation
- Non-US WIndows systems: change the region and language to for non-Unicode programs to English (United States)
- Uninstall previous versions.
- Run setup-file
- If installer asks you for install directory, please edit to: driveletter:\Program Files (x86)\MichaelTapesDesign\focustune
Download for macOS 10.8 - 10.13 (Mountain Lion thru High Sierra)
Click here to download FocusTune V4 for Mac (v4.0.22)
- Copy FocusTune.app to Applications folder (replace previous version)
- Depending on your security settings, FocusTune may be blocked by the Mac Gatekeeper when you run it for the first time. This page describes the simple procedure.
- When running under macOS Sierra (10.12) or macOS High Sierra (10.13) please read this article.
Help file (PDF)
New Zoom Operation (new since video)
We changed the zooming and crop selection methods in the left image and the zoom toggle in the right image.
- To Zoom - Left Click on the image (the zoom will be centered where you click)
- To Add a Green Crop Point - Shift-Click
New Remove Operation (new since video)
Previously clicking on the "Remove" button in the toolbar, would remove the file(s) from the active grid list. The new behavior is that not only is the file(s) removed from the grid list, but it(they) is also moved from the current source folder into a folder named "RemovedFiles", so that next time the files are loaded the errant files are not loaded. If you want the files to go back into the source folder, this should be done manually using the OS.
Reporting Support center: